Mekong Delta Trip 2 Days
Duration: 2 Days 1 Nights
Departure Date: On Request
Depart from: Sai Gon
Routes: Saigon - My Tho - Ben Tre - Can Tho - Cai Rang - Saigon
What do you like about Mekong Delta region? Our customers used to ask the same question when they was planning to book a tour exploring this region. Maybe it is a peaceful atmosphere, friendly local people, “homely” feelings, or for something I can’t name it out. But Mekong Delta region will be a memorable experience that you don’t want to miss to complete your journey in Vietnam.
- Enjoy a trip on a wooden motor boat to Unicorn Island
- Witness the natural creeks and quiet villages to know more about the daily life and works of local people
- Learn how to make local coconut candy on Turtle Island
- Explore Cai Rang market – the Mekong’s largest floating market and see how local people trade goods and food from their small boats
Day 1: Saigon – My Tho – Ben Tre – Can Tho (L, D)Depart after breakfast at your Ho Chi Minh City hotel and travel by bus to My Tho to board a wooden motor boat to Unicorn Island. As you sail along the river you will pass through natural creeks and quiet villages, where you will see rural people going about their work. Visit a fishing port, where the stilt houses are half on land and half in the water. Stop at a large orchard to sample some of the many different tropical fruits. Continue to Turtle Island and learn about the production of local coconut candy. Return to My Tho by boat for the transfer to Can Tho, the largest city in the Mekong Delta, and the location for your overnight stay.
Day 2: Can Tho – Cai Rang – Saigon (B, L)Depart by motor boat after breakfast for a long journey to explore the Mekong’s largest floating market. Watch as locals exchange fruits and vegetable, and even pot bellied pigs, from their stores set on boats. Then, cruise through some of the small channels of the Mekong to visit a village where rice noodles are produced. Continue to experience one of the Mekong’s trademark “monkey bridges.” Constructed from simple bamboo poles, the tightrope bridges connect villages throughout the region. Watch as the locals negotiate the precarious looking bridges with ease. Continue to another floating market, before breaking for lunch, and then return to Ho Chi Minh City for the end of the tour services.
Price per person in $US Class 2 Pax 3 Pax 4 Pax 5 Pax 3 Star – – – – 4 Star – – – – 5 Star – – – –
- Hotel accommodation with daily breakfast
- All meals as mentioned in the itinerary (B: Breakfast, L: lunch, D: Dinner)
- Land transportation by car air-conditioned vehicles
- Entrance fees for all visits as mentioned in the program
- Boat trips as mentioned in the itinerary
- Any kind of drinks
- Camera/video entrance fees
- Other meals and drinks
- Personal expenses (laundry, telephone, drinks, tip…)
- Travel insurance
- Cambodia visa